Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Daily Scribbles :: Bad Words


Click here to read why I scribble every day. 


Inspiration: 


Whoopee Cushion
I said my first bad words defending my Whoopie Cushion. It seemed like a just cause at the time.
I. 


Do you remember your first cuss word? I do. I was 4 years old.


A nice man at church saw me playing with a Whoopie Cushion after service and asked if he could see it. I can't remember why, but I didn't want to let him. I think he thought I was being cute and stubborn so he asked me again. He even added a "pretty please". 

I quietly said, "F**k you."

I didn't know what those words meant. I just knew they were serious and grown-up. I thought he would quit asking for my Whoopie Cushion after I'd said them.


The man's eyes almost fell out of his skull. "What did you say?" 

I repeated myself. Based on his reaction, I knew I had done a bad thing. I knew I was going to get in trouble.


This man took me by the hand, led me to my mom, and told her about our conversation. He said he thought I didn't know what I was saying, like it would help. It didn't.


Pastors' kids aren't supposed to drop f-bombs. At church.

II.

Do you remember your first bad word? 

4 comments:

  1. I am dying after reading this! Dying! Only you would associate a whoopee cushion with the first time you detonated your first F bomb! I was a FOB when I came here and barely spoke English when we lived in South Central L.A. My first cuss word was probably in tagalog. Honestly, I don't remember. Since then I have had to make a conscious effort that my speech is not peppered by them. They used to be a regular part of my vocabulary. I think it would be brilliant if we just sat on a whoopee cushion every time we FELT like dropping the F bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it even came to me! I just kept thinking about how I cussed for the first time OVER A WHOOPIE CUSHION. And I didn't even bother with milder cuss words. I pulled out the big guns. O_O Terrible.

      If we sat on a Whoopie Cushion every time we felt like cussing, you would hear a lot of flatulence from me--if only just because it sounds funny.

      I know. I'm a junior high boy.

      Delete
  2. HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHA.


    Apparently, we both decided to initiate our first cussing session at New Life. Oh the irony.

    According to mom, I beat you to the punch though - I was three when I said "F**k you!" loud and clear to the nice man trying to say hello to me. And I did it twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I said it twice, too, only I said it quietly, and you said it boldly. HAHAHA!

      We're terrible.

      Delete

Leave me a message after the beep. *beep*